The annual King of the Hill Skateboard and Scooter Comp Series is being held across 3 local governments in the south east corridor again this year.
The Skate Park Series is a collaborative project between three local governments – including the cities of Gosnells, Belmont, and Canning – and is being presented by Happiness Co.
This series aims to increase awareness of support services for young people and help break the stigma around mental illness. 1 in 4 young people experience a mental illness during their teenage years and getting help early means bouncing back sooner! Happiness Co crew will be hanging out at all the events and offering heaps of extra activities at the Grand Final event at Willetton Skate Park on Saturday 21st March 2pm - 6pm.
Heaps of huge prizes including cash prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in each age division for both skateboard and scooter. The first 3 events will be qualifiers in order to gain entry for the final at Willetton Skate Park on Saturday 21st March from 2pm - 6pm.
Junior division - 13 yrs old and under
Open division - 14 yrs and older
To download the rego form please click the link here - King of the Hill 2020 Rego Form
***Just a reminder that if you are under 18 you will need to get a parent or guardian to sign your form.***
07/03/20 – Gosnells Skate Park - 2pm - 6pm
14/03/20 - Belmont Skate Park - 2pm - 6pm
21/03/20 - Willetton Skate Park - 9am - 1pm
21/03/20 – Willetton Skate Park - 2pm - 6pm
Terms and Conditions
All participants must agree to follow the rules and guidelines:
1. Helmets are mandatory to compete
2. Skate Park users are not to be in the park until permitted by the competition staff. There will be a designated times to register, warm up, compete and free skate.
3. Skate Park users are to be respectful of other participants, staff and volunteers at the event.
4. Skate Park users are responsible for their own items and are not permitted to take, use or borrow any equipment that is not their own.
5. Skate Park Users must complete the registration and sign the waiver in order to compete.
6. Competition entrants agree all judges’ decisions are final.
7. Participants judged on the amount of tricks they perform on the park in an allotted time-frame. Tricks will be judged on consistency, difficulty, park usage and style. Score will be collated across 3 judges to create a final score.
8. The top 6 scoring competitors from each qualifying event will qualify for the final at Willetton Skate Park on the 21/03/20. Competitors may enter multiple qualifiers, if a competitor has already qualified for the final the next placed competitor will then qualify.
9. This is a drug, alcohol and smoke free event.
10. Minimum age for participants is 6 years old.
11. Registration forms are to be filled out correctly and brought on the day of the event.
12. In the event of bad weather, we will attempt to re schedule the event for another time prior to the final event. If it is not possible to re schedule the event it will be cancelled. A cancellation notice will be posted on Facebook prior to the event. In the event of a cancellation, skate park users of the event in question can qualify for the event at another qualifying event.
**Any violation of the rules can result in immediate dismissal from the competition
Program days and times